Taunton Gas Line Services
Helping Our Customers Keep Their Homes Safe
Gas lines are an essential part of your home’s plumbing system. They are responsible for delivering natural gas to your home, which is used to power your appliances and heating system. It can be difficult to know what to do when your gas appliances aren’t working correctly, or you suspect there’s a gas leak in your home.
If you need gas line services in Taunton, turn to the experts at Cotti-Johnson HVAC, Inc. We have more than 20 years of experience and can handle all your gas line needs, from installation and replacement to repair and maintenance. Rest assured that we have what it takes to thoroughly inspect the issue and apply a long-lasting solution that you can count on to work.
How Can I Tell If My Gas Line Needs Repair?
Just like any other system in your house, gas lines can become damaged or worn over time. It's crucial to recognize the signs of a gas line problem before it becomes a major safety hazard.
Here are some signs that your gas line may need repair:
- Unusual odors: Natural gas is naturally odorless, but gas companies add a sulfur-like odor to make it easy to detect. If you smell this distinct odor in or around your home, it could be a sign of a gas leak.
- Hissing sounds: A hissing sound coming from your gas line could indicate a leak. If you hear this sound, it's important to act quickly and call a professional for repairs.
- High gas bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your gas bill without any changes in usage, it could be due to a leak or damage in your gas line.
- Dead plants or grass: A damaged gas line can release natural gas into the soil, causing nearby plants or grass to die.
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to take action immediately. Gas leaks are not only dangerous but can also lead to expensive repairs if left unchecked. Contact a licensed professional as soon as possible to assess and repair your gas line.
What Should I Do If I Suspect There's a Gas Leak in My Home?
You can protect yourself and your loved ones by being aware of the signs that indicate your gas line may need repair. Regular maintenance and inspections can also help prevent potential issues with your gas line in the future.
If you suspect a gas leak in your home, take the following safety precautions:
- Do not use any electrical appliances or switches. This could cause a spark and ignite the gas.
- Do not light any matches or candles.
- Do not smoke or use any open flames.
- Evacuate the premises immediately and call for help from a safe location.
- Avoid using your cellphone or any other electronic device in the vicinity of the suspected gas leak. These devices can produce sparks that may ignite the gas.
You should be sure to leave the area immediately and contact your local gas company and emergency services. You shouldn’t re-enter your home until an expert has determined it’s safe to do so. As soon as possible, contact a plumber to help with repairs.
Contact Cotti-Johnson for Gas Line Services in Taunton
For any service you require to ensure your home’s gas lines are as safe as possible, don’t hesitate to contact an expert for help. Our professional plumbers at Cotti-Johnson can provide the services and support you need to protect your home and everyone within it.
Get started today by contacting us online to request a service.
“Patrick and his crew did a great job. Patrick first went through the house with us to confirm the best locations to install the inside units as well as to determine how best aesthetically to locate the necessary exterior conduits.”John S.
“Right now all we can think about is using our new AC on those hot summer days!!!!! Thank you, Peter and the Cotti-Johnson team!!!!!”Kevin K.
“I can’t say enough about the service we received. We engaged this team to assist with an internet issue we were having and ending up having them assist with wiring for our ductless ac/heating unit in the garage and they also installed a generator.”Margaret P.
“These guys answered all my questions and always filled me in throughout the entire 3-day process. Hard workers. Thanks, guys.”David R.
“His name, I believe, is Tony. He did a terrific job; very fast, thorough; he was extremely polite, he put on his booty over shoes before he came in; he answer all of my questions...He explained what went wrong with my furnace and knew of the problem and fi”Jim S.