Furnace Repair & Replacement in Taunton, MA
Superior 24-Hour Emergency Heating Service in Norwood, Boston & the South Shore
Furnaces are among the most popular options for home heating. The highly qualified, licensed, and insured technicians at Cotti-Johnson install and repair furnaces in Taunton and beyond. We can help you compare different types of heating equipment, so you can make an informed decision for your home heating.
Call 774-768-5154 or contact us online to request prompt & dependable 24-hour emergency furnace repair in Taunton, Norwood, Boston or the South Shore today!
“I can’t say enough about the service we received. We engaged this team to assist with an internet issue we were having and ending up having them assist with wiring for our ductless ac/heating unit in the garage and they also installed a generator.”Margaret P.
“These guys answered all my questions and always filled me in throughout the entire 3-day process. Hard workers. Thanks, guys.”David R.
“Sam did an awesome job installing backup generator inlet at my house. He was very professional and made sure that I understood how to switch over to generator power when it is needed.”Chris C.
“Patrick and his crew did a great job. Patrick first went through the house with us to confirm the best locations to install the inside units as well as to determine how best aesthetically to locate the necessary exterior conduits.”John S.
“Right now all we can think about is using our new AC on those hot summer days!!!!! Thank you, Peter and the Cotti-Johnson team!!!!!”Kevin K.
Fast & Effective Furnace Repair & Installation
Furnaces are forced air heating systems that use heat exchangers to warm the air, which is then circulated through the ducts in your home. Furnaces are popular for their ability to provide efficient home heating and even warmth in different areas of your home. Furnaces are available in several fuel types, so you can find a heater that will work with your preferred energy source.
Our team offers furnace installation and repair in Taunton for the following:
- Gas furnaces
- Oil furnaces
- Electric furnaces
If you need a new heating system, we can help you compare furnaces and provide a free estimate for equipment that will meet your home heating needs. Our highly trained specialists provide dependable and lasting installation, replacement, maintenance, and furnace repair in Taunton for all major brands. We also offer oil to gas conversions so that you can start enjoying the efficiency and reliability of natural gas fuel.
How Long Does a Furnace Last?
Generally speaking, a furnace should last for around 15 to 20 years. However, with regular preventive maintenance and care, the typical lifespan of a furnace can be extended even longer. Additionally, high-efficiency models that use modern technology can also help to extend the life expectancy as they are designed to better regulate temperatures while conserving energy.
Key factors that impact the life expectancy of your furnace include:
- How often you maintain it
- How efficient the unit is
- The quality of components and construction
- The type of fuel used for heating the home
- Whether you live in an area where there are harsh or extreme weather conditions
To get full benefit from your furnace system, it's important that you have it regularly serviced by a professional technician who will inspect all parts to ensure proper functioning and cleanliness of components such as filters and air ducts. Having your HVAC system checked annually will help prolong its service life as well as help keep energy costs down by making sure everything runs at peak efficiency. Regular cleaning helps keep dust particles out so that air flows freely which helps prevent overheating, poor temperature control, and other furnace efficiency problems. Finally, if you experience any issues or inconsistencies with your heating system, contact a professional immediately to address any problems before they become more serious.
What Size Furnace Do I Need?
Choosing the right furnace for your home is important – too big, and you're wasting money, but too small and your home won't get or stay warm enough. In order to choose the right sized unit for your home, you need to consider:
- How is your home built? Both the material and room breakdown will have an impact on your heating needs. Are there fewer large rooms, or more smaller rooms? Is it built with brick or with wood? Brick is a better natural insulator, but proper insulation can make up for that difference.
- How efficient is your furnace? If you're looking to replace your furnace in Taunton, you may not need to just buy the same size you currently have. Advancements in technology mean that modern furnaces tend to be more efficient – a furnace with a 95 percent efficiency rating will produce more heat than the same-sized but less efficient furnace with an 82 percent efficiency rating.
- How big is your home? The biggest factor that will determine the size of your furnace is the total square footage of your home. The general standard for heating a home is that your furnace should provide 25 to 30 British thermal units (Btu) of heat per square foot.
Call 774-768-5154 for responsive 24-hour emergency furnace repair in Taunton, Norwood, Boston, or the South Shore today!