Taunton Emergency Plumbing Services
24/7 Solutions for Plumbing Problems
When you have a plumbing emergency, you need help fast. At Cotti-Johnson, we offer 24/7 that can help you protect your home as soon as possible. Our highly trained and experienced plumbers are equipped to handle any plumbing emergency, from burst pipes and major leaks to clogged drains and overflowing toilets. We have the tools and technology to quickly diagnose the problem and provide you with the most effective solution.
When to Call for Emergency Plumbing Services
Not all plumbing problems are emergencies. However, some issues require immediate attention from a professional plumber.
Some common plumbing emergencies include:
- Burst pipes: A burst pipe can cause significant water damage to your home. If you have a burst pipe, turn off the water supply to your home and call for emergency plumbing services.
- Major leaks: If you have a major leak, you may need to turn off the water supply to your home to prevent water damage. Call for emergency plumbing services as soon as possible.
- Overflowing toilets: If your toilet is overflowing and you can’t stop it, you need to call for emergency plumbing services. An overflowing toilet can cause major water damage to your home.
- Sewer line backups: If you have a sewer line backup, you may notice that your drains are slow or that your toilets are not flushing properly. You may also notice a foul odor coming from your drains. If you have a sewer line backup, you need to call for emergency plumbing services.
- Gas leaks: If you smell gas in your home, you need to leave your home immediately and call your gas company. Do not use your phone or any other electrical devices in your home, as they can cause a spark and ignite the gas. Once you are safely outside, call for emergency plumbing services.
If you are not sure whether your plumbing problem is an emergency, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and call for professional help.
What Should I Do During a Plumbing Emergency?
The first thing to do in a plumbing emergency is to stay calm and assess the situation. Panicking will only make things worse and can cloud your judgment. Take a deep breath and try to remain focused on what needs to be done.
Here are some steps you can take for immediate action:
- Shut off the water: If there's a leak or burst pipe, the first thing you should do is shut off the main water supply. This will prevent any further water damage and give you time to figure out the next steps. The main water shut-off valve is usually located near the water meter or where the main water line enters your home.
- Turn off the electricity: In some cases, a plumbing emergency may involve electricity, such as a flooded basement with appliances plugged in. It's important to turn off the electricity to avoid electric shocks or fires. Locate the main electrical panel and turn off the power to the affected area.
- Call a professional plumber: While you may be able to fix small plumbing issues on your own, a plumbing emergency requires immediate attention from a professional plumber. They have the knowledge, experience, and tools to handle any type of plumbing emergency safely and effectively.
Following these important steps as quickly as possible can help you protect yourself and your home. Never attempt to resolve a plumbing problem if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Choose Cotti-Johnson for Emergency Plumbing Services
At Cotti-Johnson, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality plumbing services. We are a family-owned and operated company that has been serving the community since 1948. We are fully licensed and insured, and all of our plumbers are highly trained and experienced.
We are equipped to handle any plumbing emergency, no matter how big or how small. We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services, and we always respond quickly to your call. We are committed to your complete satisfaction, and we stand by the quality of our work.
Call (774) 768-5154 to schedule emergency plumbing services in Taunton or the surrounding areas.
“Right now all we can think about is using our new AC on those hot summer days!!!!! Thank you, Peter and the Cotti-Johnson team!!!!!”Kevin K.
“Patrick and his crew did a great job. Patrick first went through the house with us to confirm the best locations to install the inside units as well as to determine how best aesthetically to locate the necessary exterior conduits.”John S.
“I can’t say enough about the service we received. We engaged this team to assist with an internet issue we were having and ending up having them assist with wiring for our ductless ac/heating unit in the garage and they also installed a generator.”Margaret P.
“These guys answered all my questions and always filled me in throughout the entire 3-day process. Hard workers. Thanks, guys.”David R.
“His name, I believe, is Tony. He did a terrific job; very fast, thorough; he was extremely polite, he put on his booty over shoes before he came in; he answer all of my questions...He explained what went wrong with my furnace and knew of the problem and fi”Jim S.