Preventative maintenance is the key to keeping your home's systems in excellent working order! We'll help you get the longest possible life from your systems and identify any small equipment repairs before they have a chance to turn into larger problems.
A Tradition of Quality Service Since 1948
For more than 75 years, Cotti-Johnson has been Eastern Massachusetts's choice for quality HVAC services. What sets us apart from other heating and cooling companies in the area? As a family-owned business, we take special care to treat all of our customers like they are our only customers. We arrive promptly when we say we will, provide superior workmanship backed by unmatched expertise, and deliver quality top-products and services that provide our customers with the most value. But don't just take our word for it when we say we're the best—check out our reviews to see what your neighbors are saying about their experiences with us!
More great reasons to schedule your next Hingham HVAC service with us:
- Warranties on Parts & Labor
- Honest, No-Nonsense Pricing
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Hingham Furnace Repair
Your furnace is an essential part of your safety and comfort during the freezing months we endure every winter here in Hingham.
Call Cotti-Johnson now for furnace repair in Hingham if you have noticed any of these warning signs:
- Insufficient heat: If your furnace is not providing enough warmth or if certain rooms are significantly colder than others, it may be a sign of a malfunctioning furnace that needs repair.
- Unusual noises: Strange noises like banging, rattling, grinding, or squealing coming from your furnace are indicative of mechanical issues that require attention.
- Frequent cycling: If your furnace turns on and off frequently or has short heating cycles, it may be a sign of a faulty component or another underlying issue that needs to be addressed.
- Increased energy bills: A sudden spike in your heating bills without any change in usage patterns could indicate reduced efficiency due to an old or malfunctioning furnace.
- Poor air quality: If you notice an increase in dust, excessive dryness of the air, or the presence of soot around your furnace, it may be a sign that your furnace needs repair.
- Pilot light issues: If the pilot light is frequently going out or has a yellow or flickering flame instead of a steady blue flame, it could indicate a problem with the furnace's ignition system.
- Carbon monoxide concerns: Physical symptoms like dizziness, headaches, nausea, or the presence of a carbon monoxide detector alarm can indicate a potentially dangerous issue with your furnace that requires immediate attention.
If you observe any of these signs, it is essential to have your furnace inspected and repaired by a qualified Hingham furnace repair professional from Cotti-Johnson to ensure safe and efficient operation.
AC Repair in Hingham
Air conditioners are complex mechanical devices, and as such are prone to wear and tear and breakdowns. Luckily, Cotti-Johnson is only a quick phone call away. Our technicians repair and maintain all types of air conditioners from a range of popular brands. Service is available for both residential and commercial customers.
Most air conditioning breakdowns are caused by:
- Lack of maintenance: Insufficient maintenance, such as neglecting regular filter cleaning or failing to schedule routine inspections, can lead to issues like dirty coils, clogged filters, and reduced airflow, ultimately causing the system to break down.
- Electrical problems: Faulty wiring, tripped breakers, or issues with electrical components can disrupt the operation of the air conditioner and result in a breakdown.
- Refrigerant leaks: Leaks in the refrigerant lines can cause a drop in refrigerant levels, leading to inefficient cooling and potential system failure.
- Frozen evaporator coils: Restricted airflow, low refrigerant levels, or dirty coils can cause the evaporator coils to freeze. When this happens, the system may shut down or fail to cool effectively.
- Faulty fans or motors: Issues with the fan motor or blower motor can hinder proper airflow, leading to reduced cooling performance or complete system failure.
- Compressor problems: The compressor is a crucial component that compresses refrigerant and facilitates heat transfer. Compressor failures, often caused by electrical issues or refrigerant imbalances, can lead to AC breakdowns.
- Age and wear: As air conditioners age, their components can wear out, leading to breakdowns. Over time, parts like capacitors, motors, or contactors may fail, requiring replacement.
To minimize the risk of breakdowns, regular maintenance, timely repairs, and addressing any warning signs promptly are essential. Call our Hingham AC repair experts today to have your air conditioner inspected and serviced.
Heating & Air Conditioning System Installations
When repairs are not feasible, it will be time to start thinking about replacing your old heating or cooling system. Generally, if your system is over 10-15 years old, experiences frequent breakdowns, or requires costly repairs, it may be time for a replacement. Inefficiency, evidenced by skyrocketing energy bills, uneven heating or cooling, or inconsistent comfort levels, is another indicator. Excessive noise, poor air quality, or the need for outdated refrigerants are additional signs. If you are unsure whether your existing system can be repaired or if it should be replaced, we can provide you with trustworthy guidance. Our Hingham HVAC installation team can help you assess the overall condition of your system and provide expert advice on the best course of action for your specific situation.
Maintaining your heating and air conditioning systems is of utmost importance for several reasons. Regular HVAC maintenance helps ensure optimal performance, energy efficiency, and a longer lifespan for your HVAC equipment. It improves indoor air quality, reducing allergens and pollutants. Moreover, timely maintenance helps prevent costly breakdowns and repairs by identifying and addressing issues early on. Properly maintained systems also operate safely, reducing the risk of fire or carbon monoxide leaks. By investing in an HVAC maintenance plan with Cotti-Johnson, you can enjoy reliable, comfortable, and healthy indoor environments while maximizing the value of your HVAC investment.